Skip to main content

Dating in this Generation

Have you ever wondered what happened to the dating scene in this generation? I know that my mother has and asks me about it. All I can really tell her is that a date is now just hanging out with a person getting to know them. I know that sounds like a date, but it really isn't because there are three requirements that need to happen in order for it to be date.

One requirement that needs to happen is the date needs to be planned out. Your date isn't supposed to pick you up and then ask you what you want to do. They need to have that planned out before they even pick you up. If your date is planned out it's just like the role that the father plays according to The Proclamation to the Family of presiding. Those of you that don't understand the meaning of preside it is "being in the position of authority in a meeting or other gathering." (Google.com) That being said then the person in charge of the date (male or female) that person is in charge of what is going to be happening for that date.

The second requirement is for it to be paid for. The person (male or female) who asks for the date must make sure that the date is paid for in full and the other person does not need to pay. This is the role of providing from The Proclamation to the Family. When you pay for the date you are also showing that you can provide for that person and yourself.

The last requirement is being paired off. When you go on group dates make sure you know who your date is before hand because you don't want to get there and not who you are supposed to be talking to. This is the role of protection from The Proclamation to the Family. When you are paired off for a date the person who asked for the date (male or female) should make sure they will protect both of them from things. That doesn't necessarily mean that they protect from other people (they should), but they should also protect you by not putting you in a situation you aren't comfortable in and something you shouldn't be doing.

These three requirements are what a date is and if there are some of these things that are happening, but not all of them then it is not a date. You are just hanging out, but in your head you are probably on a date. I would love for this generation to bring dating back and have these three requirements involved. It would help show the other person that you can be relied upon and trusted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage VS. Wedding

I would like you to think about how old you were when you started to think about your wedding day. Many girls about age 12 is when they start to dream about their wedding day, but what's wrong with that is that the marriage continues after the wedding day. The wedding day is just ONE day and marriage is for eternity. Did you know that a typical wedding costs about $27,000 - $38,000? That's a bunch of money that you could be using for something else like your honeymoon, your future children or just to have fun and buy random items you don't need, but want. Save more money on the wedding and spend it on other important things. I know many people in my family that have saved money on their weddings and it was still a very special day. One of the weddings I went to was in the backyard of my grandparents house! All the bride and groom needed to pay for was the chairs that were rented and the arc with flowers on it. The arc you think would've been real expensive, but it r

Family Relations

Taking this class has taught me so much about the family life. My all time favorite item that we talked about that if your parents growing up weren't the best at parenting together meaning working as a team or just not the best in general then you can change that for your future children. I know that for me I want to change some parenting techniques that my parents did while I was growing up. My parents had 2 different techniques on parenting and only one of them actually worked and the other one just made me fear that parent. The technique that worked for me is the disappointed technique. I will change it a little bit so my children don't feel too bad when they get into trouble. I also really enjoyed learning about the genogram of a family. Like I said in my genogram blog my dad took on a role as father with his siblings and he still has that job today. It's been 22 years since my grandfather passed away and my dad still is taking care of his mother and his sisters. Wh

Parenting

All of us have grown up in different ways. Some may have grown up with both parents in the home or even only one parent in the home. Maybe even both parents, but one parent is always out of the house and they only see each other on the weekends. That one would be the hardest for me only seeing one of my parents on the weekend and the other one every single day. I'm going to tell you a little about how I was raised in my home with both my parents. As I've said in may of my other blog posts my dad is a stay at home dad. Growing up my parents had different techniques of talking to the child when they were upset. In class we talked about how parents should punish their child. How children who are talked to calmly rather then being yelled at can be more effective.  Let me tell you that I was yelled at also talked to very calmly and I'd like to say that the calmly talking hit me harder then the yelling, but they both got to me. When I got yelled at it made me fear that parent